Reporting to the Director, the Human Resource & Administration Officer will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and administration of the PSA office. Manage the administration of human resources policies, procedures, and programs while coordinating HR practices and objectives that will provide an engaging work environment and high-performance culture that emphasizes valuing and respecting people without any form of discrimination.
- Works with the leadership team to understand and execute the PSA human resource policy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention and succession planning.
- Implement the resourcing and talent planning policies and procedures that attract, develop and retain high caliber staff to ensure continued availability of the right competencies and skills for effective operation of PSA.
- Develop and design appropriate learning interventions and career development plans for all staff to build staff capability and growth to deliver on PSA goals;
- Work with the HR and admin team to implement employee engagement initiatives and programs;
- Manage the HR service delivery including the management of Payroll, Leave/Vacation, Group Personal Life and accident, Group medical, Group Pension Scheme and General insurance, etc;
- Work with Line managers and teams to implement performance management systems that drive a high-performance driven culture.
- Preparation and management of the human resources & administration budget and ensure optimum utilization of resources.
- Ensure compliance with relevant labour legislation in Kenya and with the internal HR and administration policies & procedures.
- Create time management systems/processes and implement it;
- Overseeing exit processes at PSA
- Provide administrative services to the PSA team, including coordination of travel, logistics and events management.
- Ensure that administrative office procedures and established standards are adhered to and maintained in all aspects of work;
- Ensure smooth operations of PSA’s offices through daily administrative operations and assist all units in resolving problems related to day-to-day operations.
Procurement and Office Administration:
- Provide oversight to procurement and logistics services, including but not limited to, procuring goods and services in accordance with PSA policy and standards.
- Provide guidance, advice and support to ensure procurement processes are effective, efficient, ethical and provide the best value to PSA.
- Direct all administrative and office operations activities to include procurement, inventory and maintenance of equipment, supplies and services in compliance with PSA and donor requirements.
- Oversee the IT management and functioning all systems.
- Manage office facilities and in coordination with the Director, negotiate office space leases and ensure proper office and equipment allocation for current and newly hired staff.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ professional experience in a similar role.
- Must be a registered member of IHRM
- Solid foundation, knowledge and experience of HR and Administration
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both internal and external partners and focus on being service oriented.
- Proven people management skills with strong ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work independently in a diverse environment.
- Ability to drive outcomes through organizing, influencing and networking skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility with keen attention to detail;
- Ability to work in multi-project settings, handle multiple and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.